Monday, January 17, 2011
1. Los Angeles has released a Notice of Intent to issue a Negative Declaration for the Albion Dairy and Remediation for the Albion Riverside Park Project. Comments can be submitted until February 4, 2011, to Maria.Martin@lacity.org.
The Initial Study is available for review at the Lincoln Heights Branch Library, 2530 Workman Street; Council District 1 - District Office, 163 South Avenue 24, Room 202, Lincoln Heights 90031; Bureau of Engineering, Environmental Management Group (EMG), 1149 S. Broadway (contact Maria Martin at (213) 485-5753); or online at http://eng.lacity.org/techdocs/emg.
2. CRA/LA is seeking community members for its Northeast Los Angeles (NELA) River Corridor Study Area Steering Committee. This one-year term volunteer board is open to residents and business owners in the communities of Atwater Village, Cypress Park, Elysian Valley and Glassell Park. The deadline for application is January 28, 2011. Detailed information and the application are available at http://www.crala.org/internet-site/Projects/NELA/News_Events.cfm
3. CRA/LA is also seeking members for its Cornfield Arroyo Seco Specific Plan & Redevelopment Project Area Community Advisory Committee.This one-year term volunteer board is open to residents and business owners in the communities covered by the CASP. The deadline for application is February 11, 2011. Detailed information on qualifications to sit on this committee and application are available at: http://www.crala.org/internetsite/Projects/Proposed_Cornfield_Arroyo_Seco/Plans_and_Work_Program.cfm
4. The 2011 Los Angeles River Update Meeting, A Confluence of Communities and Ideas, will be held on Thursday, February 10, 2011, from 6-8:30pm at the Office of City Councilmember Dennis Zine (District 3), 19040 Vanowen Street, Reseda, near the recently approved LA River - Aliso Creek Confluence Project. Current San Fernando Valley LA River Projects can be accessed here: http://ens.lacity.org/councilcmte/lariver/events/lariverevents265269847_01132011.pdf
5. SAVE THE DATE! Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa's 2011 'Day of Service' will focus solely on LA River-related projects this year. The Day of Service will be held on Saturday, April 30, 2011, to coincide with the Friends of the Los Angeles River annual La Gran Limpieza River Cleanup. Details are forthcoming at http://www.lariver.org/ and http://www.folar.org/.